In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My knives value???

MuddBuggMuddBugg Member Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
When Uncle Henry started making the LB8 knife they put a serial no. on the front bolster for a period of time then quit doing that after a while. Can anyone tell me how many were made with the sn on them, why they stopped putting it on them and if they are more valuable than the ones without the sn. My knife is NIB with the sn of 32xxx and I would like to know what it may be worth. Note: this knife is not and will never be for sale regardless of worth. Thanks guys, MuddBugg

Comments

• Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    You'd probably have better luck w/an answer on a Knife Collectors forum.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As the previous poster noted, Bernard Levine at this link would be the person that knows.

www.bladeforums.com
  • Options
    vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hi buddy, not many years back, less than 20, u.h. had an offer in one of the common hunting/shooting magazines for their "trapper" style folding,two blade knife w/serialization so i ordered three of 'em. they were either 9.95 ea or 19.95 ea. i hurt my brain casting lead bullets (breathing the lead fumes) so my memory "ain't what it used to be." somewhere along in the late 70's early 80's most knife manufactures stoped using carbon steel and went to the stainless stuff.if your shank is about this era, stainless steel that is, this may be what you have. hope this helps. have a good 'un
  • Options
    MuddBuggMuddBugg Member Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey guys, thanks for your help, all info is always helpful and I will check with Mr. Levine. Thx again MuddBugg