In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OLD REVOLVER

RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
My wife received an old .22 revolver with the inscriptions on the barrel made in Germany. On the butt of the gun it is stamped GM 2587 or GR 2587 also the barrel has thread for either an extension or a silencer of some sort any help identifying and estimating its value would be helpful please if someone knows something email me! You can see the pics at photobucket by typing yurbabydaddy2003 on the search and it should direct you to see user account. Hope to hear from someone!

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u79/yurbabydaddy2003/

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    All it says is AMERICAN REVOLVER COMPANY and is double action. It don't use a loading gate just a off set channel to slide the cartridges in as you turn the cylinder by hand. I believe it shoots the 38 S&W cartridge. How old is it and who sold it? Any info?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an old revolver I think is WWI vintage. It has an oval above the trigger with the letters S.V.C.S. C.C
    I think it may be a black powder cartridge .44
    I need to find out what it is and a value-can email pics-It has been in my family since at least WW2
  • Options
    edited November -1
    like help identifying an old revolver that a friend showed me a few days ago. The barrel is marked 38 long colt. The only other obvious marking is a trademark like a monogram on the left side of the frame that looks like F-A-R with the A being in the middle and some larger than the F or R. This piece doesn't seem to be high quality and workmanship is a little crude. Any help or info? Where or when made?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i'm trying to find out some info on a revolver that my dad used to have .from what i could find out the revolver was a Remington .22 8-shot, it was from 1929 and it had a nickel finish .any other info would be great . thank you.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have this old 38 rim fire made by Hood firearm company but it is single action but has the loading gate like you described[img][/img]AKright.jpg
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rosie there are guns as you describe marked American Double Action and American Bulldog, but I don't find any listing for an American Revolver Co. Can you post photos?

Added: If it's marked U. S. Revolver Co. it was made by Iver Johnson.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It could be a U.S. Revolver company. My brother has it in IL and wanted to find some info on it. I see if one of his daughters can send me a photo. He don't use a computer. He did give me a serial # of, 15173. I will talk to him tonight if I can catch him home. I'm pretty sure it is an Iver Johnson because he described the sear protuding out from behind the trigger.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    It could be a U.S. Revolver company. My brother has it in IL and wanted to find some info on it. I see if one of his daughters can send me a photo. He don't use a computer. He did give me a serial # of, 15173. I will talk to him tonight if I can catch him home. I'm pretty sure it is an Iver Johnson because he described the sear protuding out from behind the trigger.

If so, tell him to look for the serial number under left grip with a letter prefix added that will date it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DSCN0153.jpg

Finally got a picture of it. The serial number has an F in front of it.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like an Owl Head(IJ) to me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The F prefix was used 1921-1933 and serial #F15173 was made in 1926.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    US Revolver was a brand name made by Iver Johnson. It was sort of their "seconds" line, being simpler made than their top line guns. I have a couple- neat little revolvers.
  • Options
    mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hrf
    The F prefix was used 1921-1933 and serial #F15173 was made in 1926.
    I have one without a prefix. S/N1478. When was it made?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mackcrane

I have one without a prefix. S/N1478. When was it made?