In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington and 17 hornet

bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
Any body heard what BIG GREEN is going to do for chambering sumpin for this neat little round. Ill need one of course.

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    one word answer: SAVAGE
  • Options
    Joes Custom GunsJoes Custom Guns Member Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    REMINGTON already has two .17 cal.center-fire, why would they bring
    out another one?
    I got one of the First, .17 REMINGTON, I have heard that they have an short Barrel like the 220 Swift, But so far I have saw no signs of ware.
    It is a 223 REMINGTON necked down to a .17 cal. and will shoot 1/2" MOA.
  • Options
    bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep I too have a 17 Rem and a fireball. Yep Im aware Savage makes one and I think CZ does too. Im just waitin for Rem if they gona do it or not. Thought maybe someone has heard sumpin. Tanx
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    There has been now word from Remington about the introduction of a 17 Hornet, they are still too invested in the 17 Fireball to bring out another 17 at this time. However you never know what might be brought out at the Shot Show in Jan.

I am personally looking at the CZ, it looks to be quite a shooter. Plus there is never a issue with quality when you buy a CZ, unlike what has happened with Remington over the past few years.