In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ithaca SKB Question Year Made

HuntscreekHuntscreek Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
I have 2 Ithaca's looking for dates made It looks like 1 is pre 100,000 (type I)and one post (type 2) 100,000. Could someone tell me YEAR made. Anyother info you have.Thanks in advance getting ready to buy extra barrels.
Ithaca SKB 300: #S36289
Ithaca SKB 900: #S7316601

Comments

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't tell you the years, but I sure miss my XL900 that I used to have.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't pin down your numbers but, as you probably know, they were imported 1968-1972. I bought two of the 300's around 1970 and gave the 20 to my son and the 12 to my brother. Within the last few years, I picked up a couple more. They are nice, light, easy-to-hit-with guns.

BTW: The XL is a different gun. It is gas operated while the origional SKB 300 and 900 are recoil operated.
  • Options
    HuntscreekHuntscreek Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks any help is great both are in excellet conditions and I like the lite weight of the Ithaca 900 & 300 just would like the year made but I enjoy them for hunting. I know these are recoil not XL I like the old recoil guns better than the gas, thanks again
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are correct Ambrose, they were also a partnership gun with SKB.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.