In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question about H&R revolver

perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
edited November 2012 in Ask the Experts
Hello I have a revolver marked model H&R DOUBLE ACTION on one side of top strap and MODEL 1904 38 CAL on the other side of top strap.. The 2&1/2 inch OCT barrel has H&R ARMS COMPANY
WORCHESTER.MASS.U.S.A.
This is a solid frame pistol with no loading gate . Nickel finish with Blued trigger guard and Case Color hammer. my Question is "is this a double action pistol [?] the reason I ask is you pull back the hammer and it will not latch back and stay cocked . I don't want to pull this 98% pistol down IF it is operating as designed as built. Can someone help. Thanks Perry Shooter
EDIT

Thanks guys the little sear 27 spring #28 is broken or missing however even if I pull it forward it will not latch [:(] time to pull down and take a look [:(] I was hoping that they made a double action only model. I also see that the way it is now the hammer does not rebound [xx(]the firing pin would be resting on a primer if you had a loaded round in all 5 cylinders [V]
HampR1-1.jpg

[img][/img]HampR2.jpg
[img][/img]HR5.jpg

Comments