In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old Military Firearms need Repair

firemarshalbmffiremarshalbmf Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have 2 firearms, both bought at garage sales over the years from people who said they were junk, the 1st is a Madsen M G/A Model 47 rifle that I rescued from a miscellaneous bucket, I later found out it was 1 of 5000 made for the Colombian military, the serial # is 3201-58, I have seen a couple on here lately ranging from $650 to $1699 depending on it's condition, the stock is broken from the comb back and I am trying to find someone who can possibly fix it or know someone that repairs them. The second is a Modele 1935 S. M 1 in the cal. of 7.65 L, the serial # is MAC-B 12617, it says SAGEM on the slide and it is missing the slide release on the left side, again if anyone know where I can get the part or someone who can repair it, I found one, again on this site with a start price of $200 to a buy now of $450, I don't wish to sell them as much as I want to restore them and have them on display in my office. I have pictures of both firearms if someone needs to see them. Any help I get would be grateful as I have looked over the years and found noting or was looking in the wrong place. Thank you in advance & I look forward to reading & participating in the GunBroker.com Message Forum. Also if anyone know what the value is on both of these whether as a parts firearm or otherwise.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't help with the parts? Just sold my French 35 S. With 90 rounds of original French 32 Long, commercial ammo, for $300. This was to a dealer, earlier this year.

Their hard guns to sell, because of the nonavailability of ammo. Missing the slide stop. Would make yours even tougher to sell, IMHO.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I'd call springfield sporters. Even if it isn't catalogued they have a lot of strange parts if you call them.

As for the stock, how good do you want it? There are guys who can repair it so you can't see the damage, but it's costly. If it were me I'd probably glue it with wooden dowels inside with epoxy, and match the surface with some dye mixed with elmers, then steel wool over it and oil.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    If none of the above work out check with SARCO and Marstar of Canada. I've had pretty good luck with both.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I once repaired the recoil lug area on a Remington laminated stock using 11 .125 hardened music wire pins and Micro Bed epoxy. The repair held up the recoil of 35-350 Rem mag launching 540 bullets. I think Brownell's have ring shanked brass pins for repair.
  • Options
    Layne12gunLayne12gun Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    contact Mr Benny Watson. the Gun Shop in Branford Fla. He is a true gun smith and makes parts. Me may be able to help He is a retired Navy Machinest Mate.. has all the equipment .. He can at least give you an opinion

His Number 386-935=9375 ( Dont Call on Saturday or Sunday)