In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spanish made .25 auto called TITAN

dfsdfs Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited September 2014 in Ask the Experts
Spanish made .25 auto called TITAN does anybody know anything about these pistols, i am in need of a magazine for one.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's listed in my reference as being of Post W W I production. Probably a product of Sunaga & Aramperri? These inexpensive .25 autos, in the day sold for less than $5.00. Made in home workshops. With hand fitted, non interchangeable parts. Difficult to get a mag that will function, without a lot of tweaking.

EDIT #1,

In this photo I got off the net. #127, would be very similar to the OP's Titan. The Spanish made .25's were knock-offs of the Model 1906 Browning. With a internal hammer. The post W W II Italian Titan's, have a external hammer.

126.JPG
  • Options
    ampartsamparts Member Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    About the only place that would supply a "sort of correct" magazine would be triple K. Jerry had collected information on the size, angle and contours of thousands of magazines so he figured what could be made and then "remade" to fit lots of pistols. Many of the companies that sell magazines but from them and then resale. Check with them.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Little boat anchor not worth much....why waste your time? Hopefully you have had a gunsmith check it out....certainly do it when you get the mag and fire it.....don't risk your hand....just sayin'
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Often the standard Colt and Browning .25 magazines will fit and function in the various Spanish .25 autos.
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Titan .25s were made by Tanfoglio. The magazines will usually interchange with guns marked "Targa."
    I see now that this gun is the earlier version. The Tanfoglio Titans are much more likely to be encountered than the earlier versions.
    Now the OP has information on both.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bill DeShivs
    The Titan .25s were made by Tanfoglio. The magazines will usually interchange with guns marked "Targa."

Tanfoglio, "Titan's", were made post W W II, in Italy. The OP's, "Titan", was made in Spain in the 1920's. In my reference, "Pistols of the World", by Hogg & Walter. These 2 different .25 ACP Titans, are listed separately.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i can find magazines for the later one, really can not find much of anything on this one. I figured it was a colt or browning knock off, now to identify which colt or browning might work. I did look through triple k's selection of magazines, they don't list anything. i have not contacted them to see if they know what might work.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can post a pic, I can tell you exactly what gun you got and what may fit it.
    I have a illustrated encyclopedia that shows over 120 models of those guns.
    Basically the easiest way to id them is by the grip panel. Round or square at the top.....location of screw holding it on, {single at 3;00 oclock, single in middle, single at top- 12;00 oclock, double at 12 and 6 oclock. and the location shape of safety lever.

Many are a copy of the FN Browning 1906

Is this your gun??
    fie-titan-E27.gif
    [img]http://picturearchive.{elsewhere}/5306174036/7972297/97260355642d9eff9c9eec2897d288ce.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a knock-off of the Browning 1906 in .25acp.
    Made by RETOLAZA HERMANNS in Eibar, Spain.
    You can see it on page 263 of A.B. Zhuk's "Illustrated Encyclopedia of Hand guns. Picture #2329.

It's next to the 200 other copies made in Spain.[:0]

Finding a mag will be hit and miss. Even with the original mag they were "junk" guns.