In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FN FIVESEVEN

mightymikecmightymikec Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited March 2006 in Ask the Experts
WHAT IS THE SCOOP ON THE FN FIVESEVEN? ANY OPINIONS? TROUBLES?THANKS MIKE

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What is the difference between iom @ usg?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'v been keeping my eye on the FN FiveseveN. It looks like a helluva good pistol to add to my collection. Althogh the only rep I have heard from this gun is the "cop killer" BS. Anyone have any experience with this pricey gun and could provide some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanx[:D]

_bm.jpg God is good. God is great.
    Only God can make a Boatswain's Mate!
  • Options
    vicg1vicg1 Member Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems to be plenty reliable, but everyone asks the question "why?"
  • Options
    hksrulehksrule Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a current 5-7 owner and have noticed the following: Very light, very accurate, 20rds, very low recoil.

The trouble has always been acquiring ammo for this gun as it is eaten up as soon as it hits the shelves.

People will tell you that the cartridge is worthless but I disagree. If you take the time to research this topic more you will find an ongoing arguement between those who think the cartridge is great and those who think it is worthless. This can easily be compared to Democrats and Republicans and how they argue. People compare the round to a .22mag but most dont realize that a .22mag isnt all that weak. I like to think of this as something similar to when the M-16 first came on to the scene as many felt it was not powerful enough in comparison to the .308.

FN compares the performance of the 5.7 round to that of the 9mm. I think that if you compare the round to the 9mm you will find that it outperforms it in ballistics and penetration.

I feel that the people who dont care for this gun have never shot it or they seem to have a hard time with change. I personally own it just because it is not a common weapon and it is one of a kind.
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    When I posed a similar topic on the "General Discussion" page, I got this:
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=190527&SearchTerms=FN
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I'll repeat that I'm very happy with my FiveseveN, for all the reasons that have been previously stated. I have to admit, though, that my main motivation for buying it in the first place was the loud screaming from the lefty freaks. Anything that makes Sarah Brady, Chuck Schumer, et al cry is a must-have in my book!
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    I too am very happy with my five seven. Not only is the ammo hard to find but the gun is getting hard to find. And a hot tip is, if you are thinking, better jump on it because I understand the the newest dealer cost just jumped fifty bucks.
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I am the proud owner of a FN PS-90. I like the gun and the 5.7 ammo it uses.[8D]