In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sterling 25 auto question ?????

abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
O.K. , I must be having a brain fart , anybody remember how/where the Sear Spring is placed and what holds it ??? none of the schematics I have looked @ offer any help ??? Im lost on this one ???
its a sterling model 300 255 auto , just need to reassemble it , some genius took it all apart ???
Thanks !!!
d.a.stearns
Gunsmith / LEO
Niota , Tn

p.s. when I done a search for this (sterling) ,nothing came up ? I must be doing that wrong too?????

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    Thanks for the reply , but as Stated in the org. posting : NONE OF THE SCHEMATICS HAVE HELPED !!!!
    this is the same schematic that is in three (3) books I have and the only one I can find on-line ...
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn

Was just hoping some-one here would remember this ....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    Thanks for the reply , but as Stated in the org. posting : NONE OF THE SCHEMATICS HAVE HELPED !!!!
    this is the same schematic that is in three (3) books I have and the only one I can find on-line ...
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn

Was just hoping some-one here would remember this ....
  • Options
    partsmanpartsman Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To answer your quistion,on the placement of the sear/lever spring. I will assume that it is a V- shaped flat spring about 3/4 "long on both sides. The spring fits in-between the frame groove and the L-shaped sear lever, on the left side. It is there to give the sear lever more push to ingage the trigger lever(thats what made the old style's not work to well). I hope this helps. 07/27/07
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Partsman :
    Thanks , thats the placement I thought , just can not figure out what/how it is held in place ???
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    partsmanpartsman Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There should be little ends on the V- spring that go into cuts in the sear and frame. The V should be placed bent end down.