In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S & W Classic DX

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
I'm trading for a 629-4 .44 Mag., Classic DX. (8 3/4")
It's in excellent condition though apparently has none of the original "extra's" like second set of grips, extra front sights or test target.
I don't think the sights are original; at least I can't find mention or pictures of them in period literature.
The rear sight is a Bomar with base that basically runs the length of the frame top and the front is a 1/8" narror (from side profile) affair that is rakishly angled to the rear and high enough to accomodate the added elevation of the rear ramp.
Sorry, no pictures at this time.
Any info greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    O.K., then, I'll talk to myself. Not the first time.
    I'm beginning to gather bits of info on this revolver, if anyone's interested.
    The 629-4 was apparently made for 1 year around 1990/91. Taffin says '91,another source mentions the "5's"coming in 1990.
    Apparently the sights are original. A silouette "option". Would sure be nice to know how many were shipped that way. I did find one picture of a 629 with my sighting configuration. May just have to fork over whatever $$ S&W wants for a little research.
    Still interested if anyone has any experiences with, or comments on, this revolver.
    Cheers,
    Rob