In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

38 cal cane gun, british made

bryan larocquebryan larocque Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
hi, going to an auction this weekend, they have anice walking stick/ cane. its a 38 cal smooth bore. made in england (poachers cane) i'd like to buy it, anyone out there own one and could give me an idea what its worth. there vselling it as an antique, thanks, bryan.ps its in very good condition

Comments

• Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    May be worth a lot of time in jail and a hefty fine, not to mention lawyer fees... I'd read up on the NFA laws... and what NFA items have been removed from the list due to either C&R status or antique status
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bryan- note that you list Canada as place of residence. I am not familiar with laws there- here in the US, disguised arms (such as a cane gun) are regulated under Federal law much like a full auto. They are scarce enough that pricing one out is very difficult- mainly, whatever one will bring at sale. I do know that there are variations in the firing mechanisms, and some are more sought by collectors that others. Much will depend on condition, maker, functioning, etc. Sorry can't give you a solid answer, but way too many variables. More than $5 Can tho....
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername
    May be worth a lot of time in jail and a hefty fine, not to mention lawyer fees... I'd read up on the NFA laws... and whatNFA items have been removed from the list due to either C&R status or antique status

Sorry for the nagging tidbit: Firearm doesn't necessarily go from the NFA list to the C&R list. It's been simply removed from NFA status. If it qualifies as C&R (age, original configuration, etc) it has always been a C&R, such as Thompsons, and BARs.

Buying a BAR, for instance I can go through all NFA procedures, buy the gun, then, If I have a C&R, have it shipped directly to my house..because it's also C&R. Thanks, Joe