In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester model 94 , Bert

CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Model 94 ser #806247,30WCF, rifle, cresent butt plate, has a Marbles front sight, original Winchester rear sight. Blue Book says date of Manf 1916. What do you say? Also, is the front sight factory original?
Than you.
W.D.

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello W.D.,

The Fall of 1914 (September/October). Can't say for sure on the front sight, but Winchester installed Marbles sights on a lot of the Model 1894s during that timeframe. My 1906 vintage Model 1894 Takedown has factory Marbles front & rear sights on it.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Thank you sir, you are indeed a gentlman, a scholar, and no doubt a judge of fine wiskey.[:D]
    W.D.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CapnMidnight
    Thank you sir, you are indeed a gentlman, a scholar, and no doubt a judge of fine wiskey.[:D]
    W.D.

You are quite welcome[:)]

Some would argue with you about the "a gentleman, a scholar," part. Believe it or not, I am a horrible judge of fine whiskey. I am however, a true connoisseur of quality micro-brews, and the many fine red wines that are avaialble up here in the Pacific Northwest[:p].