In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

browning white lightning vs beretta white onyx

safe-waysafe-way Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
This is what I narrowed it down to. Which gun do you like out of the two or three?

I'm shooting skeet, clay few times a month and maybe some live birds. I take care of my toys.

I have a opportunity to buy a 12 guage silver pigeon sporting 29.5" that about 80%-85% condition for 1,150. Or I can buy new white lightning for 1,295 and also a white onyx for 1535 new.both of them are 28"

As you can tell I'm a little confused and can use some help.

I'm 6'3 215 incase size matters.

Appreciate all help

Comments

• Options
    BigKev72BigKev72 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by safe-way
    This is what I narrowed it down to. Which gun do you like out of the two or three?

I'm shooting skeet, clay few times a month and maybe some live birds. I take care of my toys.

I have a opportunity to buy a 12 guage silver pigeon sporting 29.5" that about 80%-85% condition for 1,150. Or I can buy new white lightning for 1,295 and also a white onyx for 1535 new.both of them are 28"

As you can tell I'm a little confused and can use some help.

I'm 6'3 215 incase size matters.

Appreciate all help

For my 10c worth...Just go with the gun you like the best. Both are fine guns, and like most of mine can shoot better than I can. Hold them, touch them, open them, shoulder them and just go with the one that feels and works the best for you. Its like modern semi-auto pistols...they are all about the same thing with similar reliability, feel and caliber...its just personal preference.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What bigkev said.

They're all high quality guns from quality manufacturers, and you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Your size only matters to the extent that it affects your comfort in pointing and shooting the gun.

If I were you, I'd see about trying to actually shoot them. That's really the best test.

If there is one that stands out (ie you point and hit better with it, its more comfortable, etc) then that's the one to get. "Fit" and "Feel" are the most important things here.

If you can't tell any difference, then it really doesn't matter which one you pick.