In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

old indiana gun company shotgun

millfire517millfire517 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
hello, i have a very old 12GA Shotgun, dual barrel, dual triggers and hammers made by the Indiana Gun Company. I am looking for any information on the company as well as if anyone would know where i could find parts to make the one of the hammers functional again. it is a family heirloom, so im not interested in selling it, but would like some info on the company aswell as possibaly getting parts. i know i might have to go to a gunsmith to get the peice fixed but would like to try the forum here first. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Can't find any referance to an Indiana Gun Company in my Data Base or in Satterly & Gluckmann's American Arms makers...Pull the Barrels and look at the Water table..."thats the Flat Area on the bottom of the barrels....at the Breechend...If You find an Oval with the Letters E over LG...Then its a Belguim Piece...Let us know what You find.....and we can go from there...Finding Parts in any case will be tough...nigh on impossible...If You know of a Good gunsmith, I'd be inclined to take advantage of His ability.......
  • Options
    millfire517millfire517 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok i did find an oval with a letter E on top of the letters LG.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,978 ******
    edited November -1
    "ok i did find an oval with a letter E on top of the letters LG.".........THAT MEANS YOUR SHOTGUN WAS MADE IN BELGUIM, SOME TIME CLOSE TO 1900 (+-20 YEARS OR SO). PROBABLY IMPORTED FOR SOME HARDWARE CO., NOT MUCH VALUE. AS FOR PARTS, YOU'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO HAVE THEM MADE (+++$$$[xx(]).