In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WHAT WOULD RUGER DO???

shovelmdshovelmd Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I recently bought a Ruger 3 Screw Single Six convertible.This pistol was sent back to factory to get the transfer bar conversion by former owner.After firing a few round through it I noticed that the pin that rests on the back side of the trigger was cocked crooked. So after further inspection I took it to my local shop and it appears that the frame was actually drilled offset when they did the conversion.Maybe that is why i got a good deal.LOL. I'm getting the old trigger parts put back to original now,but what would Ruger do if i was to contact them about it? Really there is no way to fix the frame except to replace it and they surely wont give me another 3 screw and I'm not giving mine up.Just curious if they would do anything on their obvious goof?

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    since you are not the original owner probably nothing--but having said that I recently sent a 1960's era Mk1 .22 that was severly neglected by it's original owner into Ruger to be reblued. I also wanted them to replace all the inner springs and any safety devices inside that were found to be worn out. Well they did that--and only charged me for the re blue. They returned all the old parts to me as well.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shovelmd,
    Not to worry. Your SSix wasn't screwed up by Ruger. If you look at any old model (3 screw), you'll see that the trigger plungers look exactly like yours. I've removed many safety conversion units to reinstall the original parts, and even put a few conversion units back in, and can assure you that NO changes are made to the grip or main frame when Ruger installs the safety conversion.
    Feel better now?
    [;)]
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    My suggestion to You is to contact Ruger direct, and get your answer direct from the Top.....
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    This pistol was sent back to factory to get the transfer bar conversion by former owner.After firing a few round through it I noticed that the pin that rests on the back side of the trigger was cocked crooked.

they are made that way , your gun is just fine , but if you feel like there is some thing wrong with it , you can send it to me , i'll give it a good home :)
  • Options
    shovelmdshovelmd Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    they are made that way , your gun is just fine , but if you feel like there is some thing wrong with it , you can send it to me , i'll give it a good home :)
    [/quote] Well something is wrong because the plunger or pin was kicked out far enough that it jammed the trigger up.Thats why i was kinda upset, but by putting the original parts back into it should be fine. Thanks anyway but it has a good home.