In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Identify two guns

codwyguycodwyguy Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
My brother has two guns that he received from a friend and he is trying to find out what they are. they are black powder replicas. I have tried to post the pictures here but I cant figure out how. It would be great if someone could explain to me how to post pictures on this forum so I can maybe identify these guns

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    here is one of them

DSCN3311_2_.JPG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is the rifle

DSCN33231.JPG

I dont know how to make the pictures bigger (I fixed them for you)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/thumbs/DSCN33251.JPGDSCN33251.JPG

OK I think I figured out how to make them bigger

Thanks guys for all you input and help if anyone knows the approx worth of the pistol please chime in my brother would like to sell them to help his friend so I will probably be listing them on GB
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DSCN33121.JPG

I thought I had it figured out any way here are the 4 pictures i have I will work on getting these others bigger later mean while if anyone has any info in these I would sure like to here it

You're using the 'thumbnail' URL instead of the standard size URL. You have to read the type of URL after the link before you just select one from the list.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The pistol is either a Tingle Single Shot from the 1950s or 1960s, or it is the Italian copy made by Armi San Marco and imported by CVA. I think the latter because of the brass grip frame and case color receiver.

The rifle is a Hopkins and Allen "buggy rifle" from the 1960s or so.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cody- you are limited to 10 postings here- you may want to delete or combine some of yours to save room. Rifle looks like a Hopkins & Allen underhammer. Numrich of West Hurley NY had a reproduction of it they sold- they seem to bring $2-300, depending on condition.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tingle single shot percussion pistol and Hopkins and Allen percussion underhammer carbine.
    The Tingle, I believe was .44 caliber.
    The underhammer was made in 36 and 45 caliber.It initially was sold in rifle barrel length and later in carbine barrel length.
    Numrich Arms in West Hurley, NY originally manufactured the H&A rifles.
    They were later put together and sold by a company in New Jersey.
    I believe there were also Underhammer pistols sold using the same parts.
  • Options
    walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by codwyguy
    http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/thumbs/DSCN33251.JPGDSCN33251.JPG

OK I think I figured out how to make them bigger

Thanks guys for all you input and help if anyone knows the approx worth of the pistol please chime in my brother would like to sell them to help his friend so I will probably be listing them on GB

DSCN33251.JPG
  • Options
    walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by codwyguy
    DSCN33121.JPG

I thought I had it figured out any way here are the 4 pictures i have I will work on getting these others bigger later mean while if anyone has any info in these I would sure like to here it

DSCN33121.JPG