In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W 41

hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
I just picked a model 41,5 1/2 barrel,SN 97514.It also came with a S&W 7" two tone compensated barrel.Can someone give me a D.O.M.Will try to get some pics posted when the wife wakes up from her nap.Thanks

The 7" barrel is marked Smith&Wesson on the left side,22 long rifle on the right side.The top (sight rail) is parkerized? As well as the compensator,the barrel is silver.Appears to be unfired.

Perry if I can't get pics posted here,would you mind if I sent them to you?

Perry pics sent hope they help

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I recently helped a shirt tale relative sell her deceased husband's guns. She paid me with three (3) S&W Field Barrels & Slides for a Model 41. Two (2) questions:
    What is a Field, 5'. barrel & slide worth?
    Will they fit a standard 41 Frame?

I did measure them & they are not cut down 7.5" units.
  • Options
    badsbsnf81badsbsnf81 Member Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    @65-68. You will need to call S&W to narrow it down further.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I would think 1967 or 18681968 would be date made. However The 7 inch barrel SHOULD NOT be two tone.

EDITI will be glad to look at pictures . Your pistol should have a Cocking indicator on the back of the slide is a small round hole when the hammer is cocked a small round pin should stick out through the hole about .050 inch.EDITII[:I]Damn its hell getting OLD at least I did not put 2068[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Perry Shooter,Thanks! Yes it does have the cocking indicator.Will probably be tomorrow before I get the pics.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice gun, Have one myself. You will enjoy it. Like it was stated above, the 7" barrel should not be two tone.

[img][/img]img20110107203144.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Perry!Was thinking that the 7"barrel was refinished,but Iam disappointed with the 5.5 barrel being a refinish.Wasn't thinking about that at the time,should have ask first as I always do.

Have wanted a 41 for along time,well lesson learned.I'm sure it will be a fun shooter.Thats what I wanted mostly anyway.

And now the hunt for a 70 series