In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

H&R Ultra 300 30-06...(?)

Late-BloomerLate-Bloomer Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone here know anything about these rifles?

H&R ULTRA 300 30-06

It's an old rifle built on an FN Action and is in really great shape and probably never been fired![:D]

Thanks!

Roland

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Date to the 60's/70's. Decent hunting rifle, not much collector value. In unfired condition, if you can pick it up for <$400, go for it.
  • b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    MODEL 300 ULTRA BOLT ACTION RIFLE
    1965-1981
    Bolt Action Repeater, Mauser Action, Centerfire calibers 22-250, 243, 270, 30-06,308, 300 Win. Mag,, 7mm REM. Mag., 3 or 5 Round Internal Magazine, Barrel Length 22 inches, Drilled & Tapped for Scope Mount, Ramped Front Blade, open Adjustable Rear, Hinged Floor Plate, Adjustable Trigger, Checkered American Walnut Monte Carlo Stock with Roll-over Cheek Piece, Full Pistol Grip, Contrasting Wood on Pistol Grip Cap & Fore-end, Blue finish, Recoil Pad and Sling Swivels, Weight 7_ Pounds, Overall Length 42? inches. Three different Mauser Actions used during production of this and other Models.
    1965 - 1972 Mauser type action from Fabrique Nationale in Belgium
    1973 - 1977 Sako actions from Finland
    1978 - 1983 Mauser type Mark X action by Zaslava in Yugoslavia.
    The exception to this is the Model 317 and 317P (1968-1974) always used Sako actions.
    VALUE: 100%=$525 60%=$325

MODEL 301 ULTRA BOLT ACTION CARBINE
    1967-1981
    Bolt Action Repeater, Mauser Action, Centerfire calibers 22-250, 243, 270, 30-06,308, 3 or 5 Round Internal Magazine, Barrel Length 18 inches, Drilled & Tapped for Scope Mount, Ramped Front Blade, open Adjustable Rear, Hinged Floor Plate, AdjustableTrigger, Full Length Mannlicher Style Checkered American Walnut Monte Carlo Stock with Roll-over Cheek Piece, Full Pistol Grip, Contrasting Wood on Pistol Grip Cap & Fore-end, Blue finish, Recoil Pad and Sling Swivels, Weight 7? Pounds, Overall Length 39 inches.
    Three different Mauser Actions used during production of this and other Models see Model 300.
    VALUE: 100%=$485 60%=$210
  • laylandadlaylandad Member Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know I would definately love to have one!!!!
  • cowboy77845cowboy77845 Member Posts: 316 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I gave my daughter a 301 in 270. It has the FN action. I had it full length glass bedded and jeweled the bolt. She loves it and has taken a few hogs with it. My only comment is I think they will sell for more than 485. I have seen 2 301's and they blew past 485. Current economic conditions may put the price there but do not be surprised if they command more.
  • HammerDownHammerDown Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello
    I was Lucky enough to locate one recently. This one is Built on the desireable F.N. Bellgium action. It is chambered in .308 Winchester caliber, and has the Douglas Barrel and Sako Made in Finland adjustable trigger which breaks like Glass to One Pound no creep. It came to me with the Vintage Pre-Vari-X Leupold 3-9 Power scope on it that is crystal clear. The Target shown was shot by me while adjusting the scope with some cheap Federal High Shock factory ammo @ The 100 Yard Line, The 4-Shot Group was under the size of a Dime. I can't wait to start hand loading for this gun...

ef5a3006.jpg

dada3d6e.jpg

68531a19.jpg

784e3496.jpg

c0c8c021.jpg

33555452.jpg
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HammerDown
    Hello
    I was Lucky enough to locate one recently. This one is Built on the desireable F.N. Bellgium action. It is chambered in .308 Winchester caliber, and has the Douglas Barrel and Sako Made in Finland adjustable trigger which breaks like Glass to One Pound no creep. It came to me with the Vintage Pre-Vari-X Leupold 3-9 Power scope on it that is crystal clear. The Target shown was shot by me while adjusting the scope with some cheap Federal High Shock factory ammo @ The 100 Yard Line, The 4-Shot Group was under the size of a Dime. I can't wait to start hand loading for this gun.

ef5a3006.jpg

dada3d6e.jpg

68531a19.jpg

784e3496.jpg

c0c8c021.jpg

33555452.jpg

Nice looking rig and excellent group. What did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

Is the high polish commercial blue finish on the rifle, factory original?
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HammerDown - Pretty is as pretty does . . .

That is a very nice looking rifle that you have there ... good going!

Seems to have everything going for it. [^]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,417 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine was in .243. I had it re-barreled/re-chambered to .260. Cali roll over stock is way over the top, but fits better than any other rifle I own. We are going deer hunting this weekend. I likely paid a little much at over $400. Rifle was 98%+.
  • jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one on GB not too long ago and definitely paid over $400 but I don't remember exactly how much. It is a 30-06 and has the rollover stock which I definitely like. It has the FN action also. I consider it one of my best buys ever.