In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gander mountain

DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Ask the Experts
Is Gander Mountain still selling on GB? I can't seem to find them. If they are can someone provide their seller ID?

Comments

• Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    gandermountain135
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the prices here are as bad as they are in the stores I wouldnt bother worrying about it..
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Four years ago I bought a Colt Python at Gander Mountain for $700. They had bought it that morning for $500. Gander made a profit, and I'm quite happy with the deal.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have plenty of 20% off offers on 100 all the time.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MFI
    If the prices here are as bad as they are in the stores I wouldnt bother worrying about it..

+1

I looked over there offers and most of it all reserve.[xx(]

I took a beautiful Tri-Star O/U 20ga, silver colored reciever with engraving(was a higher end version) in. LNIB had been shot about 50 times. I bought it for my wife and she said it kicked too much and wouldn't shoot it again.

I wanted to trade it on a rifle and they said they could give me $200 for it.[:(!]

I tried to reason with the guy and he said they won't pay much for used guns.

Now, I go to the big shinny Sheels store next door(Springfield), and they treat you like family when you walk in the door.
  • Options
    godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    funny about ganders used gun prices... alot of times in my area i can get it new cheaper. good examle stevens 200 in 270 used for 319.00. i can go to dunhams and get new for 299.00
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How they continue as a company amazes me.

1. They usually don't have 'gun' people in the 'gun' area. They relegate them to womens wear or somplace their talents won't be used. I have no problem with them selling womens wear, but get women in there who know what they're doing. That would be a plus to the entire outdoor sporting world.

2. I don't know who does their market research, but when I asked where did all the reloading stuff go, they told me that market research says reloading is on the decline. We won't even see reloading in ten years. I told them, if that was their attitude towards something I want I'll find it online. Is that what they are asking me to do? The manager said, "IF YOU CAN"....unbelievable.

3. As far as used guns go, as mentioned above they have no idea what they have. I bought a Savage 110 PE, that was very nicely engraved for $400. Normally Savages don't go for a lot of money. But, anytime you have a special edition it's always worth more. I got offered $600 for it the first time I took it to the range. The guy behind the counter didn't take the time to look up what the gun really was. When a couple of true 'gun' people saw it and the price they went to the manager. His response was, "We just want to get rid of it." Several store people were fuming over that going out the door. I got a good deal, but I just see their dumbassery all the time.

4. They can't sell things because they mark it UP from MSRP. Then when it doesn't sell blame the product for not fitting the clientele's wants/needs. Why, when JC Penny's carries the same item for $10-$20 less?

5. Here locally, they spent many thousands of dollars on re-branding/re-arranging the stores. What a joke. They don't seem to have any concept of how to move product.

6. It's no wonder they went bankrupt the last time and are heading for bankruptcy court again. I hate to say it but they deserve it.

Maybe we should ask a moderator to move this to the General Discussion?
  • Options
    thorhammerthorhammer Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one by me is or have gone out of business, they blamed the

problem on not being a huge superstore.

I walked their aisles looking on how to spend my pheasants forever

$10 gift card, prices were 20% higher than Ca**las. Ammo was sky

high and I bought some targets, never to go back[xx(]
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thorhammer
    The one by me is or have gone out of business, they blamed the

problem on not being a huge superstore.

I walked their aisles looking on how to spend my pheasants forever

$10 gift card, prices were 20% higher than Ca**las. Ammo was sky

high and I bought some targets, never to go back[xx(]

Are you saying the one up by the junction of I-35W and I-35E?
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had one guy at the local Rochester GM, tell me and a friend, that GM was the worlds largest firearm retailer???????

Any idea's on that?