In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dragunov

alfrwalfrw Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited December 2012 in Ask the Experts
Is there any where that I can buy a Soviet SVD Dragunov 7.62x54. I REALLY want one so I can be in my "trend". Me and a few friends are starting a 'gun club' in our town where we go collect Russian Military rifles. Please help!

Comments

• Options
    alfrwalfrw Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have just acquired 2 Dragunov Russian Sniper Rifles imported by K.B.I in the 90`s sequential numbers new in the box everything. I wonder what they are worth
    Thank`s
  • Options
    Joes Custom GunsJoes Custom Guns Member Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    List it on the auction side with $0.01 starting price NO RESERVE and you will know in 14 days.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Without photos
    nothing.

Neal
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Joes Custom Guns
    List it on the auction side with $0.01 starting price NO RESERVE and you will know in 14 days.

I would start it at 1.00 to weed out the pikers Joe,[:o)]--
    As stated,,everyday and timing dictates "whats it worth"..About 5 years ago, I got 1450 out of mine,,,yea,,timing, today double that.? put them out there and see. I do believe if yopu WANT to sell,now is a great time for those things.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Joes Custom Guns

That type of auction will likely only give you the "blow out liquidation wholesale price."

If the "value" of everything could be determined in a 14-day auction on one website, the world would be a simple place. Unfortunately, markets are more complex than that.

Specific to the two Dragunovs, reviewing past auctions will certainly give you some idea about value -- particularly for auctions where the rifle actually sells, but you have something that a lot of people are not looking to buy every day -- you don't have a particularly "liquid" item. An online auction, started at one cent, may not give you the full "retail" price. Getting the retail price should take a few months, as finding the right buyer -- particularly if you seek to sell them as a pair -- will take some time for that item.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always wanted the Drags ever since I seen the bad guy use one in the movie "Sniper". Since I'm in California (as much as I'd love to get two) I'll miss out.
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    ?1000 (GBP) here [;)]
  • Options
    ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If new or like new with everything I would estimate $4000-5000. ea.
  • Options
    WolfmanReidWolfmanReid Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will bid on them If you are interested in listing them for auction on GB.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As has been suggested, start a 14 day auction, at $0.01, and no reserve, and it will tell you what the value is right now in 14 days. They are saught after as it is, let alone in these days.

I will gaurantee you, that a bidding war breaks out at the beginning and end of this auction, and you will see between 200-500% profit.

Granted, that this will not tell you what they will be worth in 3 months, or even a year, but anything else would be incompetantly judged.

Best
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    alfrw...welcome to GBForum! Your answer....lots. And they will be worth more in the future to collectors. If it was me, and I didn't need the dough, I would keep them locked up for years and then come out with them. But who knows what the politicl world will bring then so you might be wise to follow the advice that the other GBExperts have told you. Good Luck and hope you and yours have a great Christmas and a super holiday![:)]