In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rock River Plastic A2 handguard sling attachment

bnailonbnailon Member Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in Ask the Experts
Any ideas for what I need for a front sling attachment for a RRA Plastic A2 handguard for an AR 15? Will eventually try to get an aluminum free float, but not in the immeidate future. Many thanks in advance. Happy New Year.

Photo of A2 handguard on link below:

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=305

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might give Brownells on-line site a try. I was just going through their AR 15/M 16, specific paper catalog, they send out. They must have 30 different various types of sling mounts and adapters.
  • Options
    bnailonbnailon Member Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have a Light Varmint gas block with with 3 holes on the bottom of the gas block. If they are threaded for a 1/4" stud, it may be as easy as a stud and a swivel from Uncle Mike's.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bnailon
    I also have a Light Varmint gas block with with 3 holes on the bottom of the gas block. If they are threaded for a 1/4" stud, it may be as easy as a stud and a swivel from Uncle Mike's.

Those 3 holes are there to probably hold the gas block to the barrel. Not sure if I'd want to mount a swivel there.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,801 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why don't you use one of the studs made to mount in the vent holes in the bottom of the handguard? Harris makes good ones. Don't buy the Chinese crap.