In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Forget I asked

fred_farplefred_farple Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2012 in Ask the Experts
Forget I asked

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Open a acct on the auction site.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fred_farple
    I also had the plate run through NCIC which returned no such plate.Two points...

First off, NCIC maintains no vehicle registration information. That stands for National Crime Information Center. The only thing you could possibly learn from them is whether it's reported as stolen.

Second, running checks through NCIC for non-legit LE purposes is a violation of federal law.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You won't get any answers here you MUST go through GB support, how ever long it takes.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Years ago I got immediate results from the Va Attorney Generals' office. In this case I was an out of state student without funds to pay a fine for fishing. In lieu of the fine and court costs I left a Ruger MK1 with the Lexington Sheriff. I thanked him & sent the money but he refused to answer letters and calls and wouldn't return the gun, registered in another state.
    The gun came within about two days.
    It's worth trying.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Consider yourself to be forgotten.