In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

shipping to an FFL

Farmer BrownFarmer Brown Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in Ask the Experts
Can a non FFL ship a rifle to an FFL without having a signed copy of their FFL in possession? FFL in question refuses to send me a copy of their FFL and keeps refering me to the ezcheck system. Does verification with ezcheck system cover my legal requirements?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Yes. The regulations do not mandate and a licensee provide a copy of his license to a person who is not licensed so legally all that he needs to do is to provide you with his FFL number which you can verify using the EZ-Check. Licensees must exchange licenses, either hard copies or electronically.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless the EZcheck system provides the business address of FFL on the license he has given you the number of, I wouldn't ship the rifle. If it does give you the business address, make it clear that you will only ship to that noted address.
  • Options
    dogtown tomdogtown tom Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Unless the EZcheck system provides the business address of FFL on the license he has given you the number of, I wouldn't ship the rifle. If it does give you the business address, make it clear that you will only ship to that noted address.

The purpose of the ATF EZcheck IS to verify the address of the licensee. You type in the first three and last five numbers and it will show both the premises address and mailing address.
  • Options
    DuaneRNDuaneRN Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate to revive an old topic, but does anyone have a link to a BATFE document that states that a non-licensee does NOT have to have a copy of the FFL to ship as long as the FFL holder is in EZ Check.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    How many times do I have to answer the same question?

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=583355
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    How many times do I have to answer the same question?

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=583355

at least twice...........[;)]