In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning skeet combo value???

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in Ask the Experts
A guy at the local gun range has a Browning small gauge grade 3 skeet combo in 20/28/410 for sale. It is really nice with the Browning hard case and the boxes for all of the gauges with it. It is a fixed choke skeet gun in all gauges. He is asking $3900 for it and the BB value puts it way below that price. I have done some searching and found nothing that has sold that is even close (sometimes it's tough to enter the correct words though) and only one that is listed here that they are asking more for(but they can ask anything they want for it). Any one have one or something close that they would want to put a value on? Thanks!!

Todd

Comments

• Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jap Citori or Belgium Superposed?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    Jap Citori or Belgium Superposed?

Mid 80's so I'm guessing Jap.
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    3 gun sets that are similar:
    Winchester 101
    SKB 505
    SKB 585
    SKB 785

You can buy a new set of SKB's w/choke tubes for less then he's asking for the a grade I-III if it's a Citori set. You can also consider a name brand 20 ga. and have the other two barrels added by most factories. Not as expensive as you might think.

(Yes, SKB is out of business, but still a lot of guns available on the market)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by geeguy
    3 gun sets that are similar:
    Winchester 101
    SKB 505
    SKB 585
    SKB 785

You can buy a new set of SKB's w/choke tubes for less then he's asking for the a grade I-III if it's a Citori set. You can also consider a name brand 20 ga. and have the other two barrels added by most factories. Not as expensive as you might think.

(Yes, SKB is out of business, but still a lot of guns available on the market)

I've already played the 101 and SKB game. I think both are great guns but for some reason alot of people want to steer clear of them unless you want to give them away. I'm not one to get attached to a purchase. In other words if I don't like it then "easy come easy go" so to speak and don't want to get stuck with something that's hard to get rid of.
  • Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the 101 will auction for 3000 easy any day of the week Not necessarily on GB though more like an auction house like Amoskeag. I would not pay that much for a Citori unless it was a high grade
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by golferboy426
    the 101 will auction for 3000 easy any day of the week Not necessarily on GB though more like an auction house like Amoskeag. I would not pay that much for a Citori unless it was a high grade

It's a grade 3 and there's nothing to compare it to. There are others listed for more $$ and lower quality but aren't selling. I've never heard of "Amoskeag", are they a large firearms auction house?
  • Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Toad67: You seem to have your heart set on the Brownings (I owned a set, they are no better then the Winchesters, but the name does make them command a higher price), so pay the $3900 for a set worth $3000 because you can easily sell them to another Browning lover.

If you really want a upscale set buy a Beretta 682 Gold Skeet and have two barrels fit at Cole's and buy an American case, they would be easy to sell.

Side bar: I've never understood this "Browning" thing. Owned many of them, they are OK, but why spend more for an old name when they don't even make anything, they're like the Sears brand that outlines the spec's for others to build.