In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WW2 Luger .22 LR converson kit

blueswissblueswiss Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
edited October 2014 in Ask the Experts
I was curious as to this item's authenticity/originality & what it's value might be (approximately).

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=447948789

Thanx in advance,
Tim

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Photo off the net. Of one that was brought back to the States, by a GI in 45.

Only marking it has is WaA 77.

The copious markings, that the one on the auction has. Seems to be overkill to me. If the one that came back from the fatherland in 45, only has WaA 77. How come the one on offer, has the overabundance of markings?

20061225111456_DCP_8647.JPG
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a book by Charles Kenyon, Jr. The book is entitled Lugers at Random. On page 383 there is pictured the exact same conversion kit that is pictured in rufe-snow's post. It entitled Small-Cased Erma .22 caliber Conversion Kit. Military Issue for 4", cal. 9 M/M Pistol. I would say it is original and authentic. I once owned a similar conversion kit by Erma that had a larger case that included a cleaning rod, jag and wire brush. Considering that similar conversion kits for 1903 and 03A3 Springfields sell for $500 to $600 the price the starting bid of $400 sounds reasonable.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's still 3 days left on the auction. Local gun store has one of these for about $900.00 IIRC. Didn't examiit too closely so I can't speak to condition or matching numbers.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Looks like a nice authentic prewar kit to me.
  • Options
    blueswissblueswiss Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the replies, gentlemen.