In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Ace SM. possable value?

waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Ask the Experts
I would like to ask a question about possible value of a colt ace service model I picked up several years ago, I was thinking about putting it up for auction on Gun Broker. The bluing is about 99% the down side is that it has been reblued, who ever did it done a very nice professional job, the uniqueness to this gun though is that it is a single diget serial number #6. I know that there were only nine guns produced the first year of production, the army procured two for testing and one was given to the designer (Williams). I have a letter from Colt that states it was shipped to Department of Ordnance officer in charge Navel Supply Depot Sewall Point Virginia in 1937. I was just wondering how much the gun being refinished would detract from the value?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best to post quality, close-up photos. For a accurate assessment of value. Sight unseen, hard to call something like this. No offense, quality of aftermarket refinishing, tends to be subjective.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    EDIT If you do put it for sale come back on the GENERAL forum with topic SHAMELESS PLUG ACEPictures are a MUST if you want top dollar. a Doug Turnbull quality refinish could make it worth 5 times as much as one refinished by BUBBA
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As above BUT the rarity of it would realize a good value...Start it at a dollar, maybe run it 10 days and I think you will be surprised,,and there is no better place to buy and sell than here... Member for over 10 years...post an auction link if/ when you do..