In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping to Connecticut

TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Ask the Experts
Is it legal to ship ammunition to Connecticut?
We have had it in our restrictions on our auctions, but we are getting bombarded with why we will not ship there.
I just want to clarify it. If it is okay to ship there I will remove it from our restrictions.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    It is my understanding that only armor piercing, incendiary and fifty caliber ammunition is illegal to ship into Connecticut. These regualtions can bee seen here:
    http://cga.ct.gov/current/pub/chap943.htm

Generally speaking; when you place a blanket restriction on shipping something like ammuntion and you are "bombarded" with e-mails saying that you are in error, the folks living in that state are usually correct.
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Mark.
    I will start removing that restriction from our ammunition auctions.
    I will keep it on our firearms auctions though.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why keep the restrictions on firearms? You only ship firearms to dealers, & federal law ALWAYS permits you to ship a firearm to a dealer in any state.

Neal
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,045 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are still allowed to own guns & ammo in CT, even machineguns.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    I just move out of CT. Ive had more then a few rds of ammo shipped to me while i lived there. m855 223 ammo pistol ammo 308 rifle. ups driver didnt like me. [:D]
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ct has better gun laws than many people have, even in really Red States. They do have a few real bad ones thou.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982
    I just move out of CT. Ive had more then a few rds of ammo shipped to me while i lived there. m855 223 ammo pistol ammo 308 rifle. ups driver didnt like me. [:D]

I sure don't understand that. That's helping HIM stay employed![;)][}:)][:D]
  • Options
    billh50billh50 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to the emails I received from both the Attorney General and the DESPP of Connecticut it is also legal to ship firearms to a C&R License.
    All firearms just need to be legal in CT. Such as no magazines over 10 rounds and nothing on the banned list.