In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage 1907 .32 ACP

FourFortyFourFourFortyFour Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited November 2014 in Ask the Experts
I recently aquired a 1907 Savage pocket pistol in fair, workable condition...just missing the grips. It has the notched lug rear sight, which is part of the slide, and a hole in the butt for a lanyard loop. All others I have seen do not have the provision for a lanyard loop, but I heard that French contract pistols had the loop. Can anyone tell me the serial # range of the French/Portuguese contract guns? Also, any grips or magazines avilable?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Supposedly 27,000 were made for the French during the First World War. Many less for the Portuguese. None were in one specific serial numbered block, but were interspersed with commercial production. The Portuguese had special non commercial grips with a crest on them. I had one years ago.

You might contact Triple K to see if them make replacement magazines for the 07 Savages. Original grips are very hard to come by, good luck on finding any.
  • Options
    FourFortyFourFourFortyFour Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the serial # info! I am watching grips on this site and I will check for mags at the gun shows...no rush, I have one working magazine. Did yours have the lanyard hole and do you know if that is proof of military issue?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FourFortyFour
    Thanks for the serial # info! I am watching grips on this site and I will check for mags at the gun shows...no rush, I have one working magazine. Did yours have the lanyard hole and do you know if that is proof of military issue?

It was so many years ago don't remember about the lanyard hole? All's that I recall was the special grips and that it was in about excellent condition. It's one of the many guns that I sure wished I had held onto, instead of selling.
  • Options
    KSIgunsKSIguns Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Triple K bought out Vintage Gun Grips. Vintage makes some excellent replacement grips that fit well and, as they used a used pair of grips to make their mold, their grips look slightly used and perfect for most guns.

I know this is very late. Others may find it useful.
  • Options
    peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was just wondering if the 1907 has a real hard trigger pull like my 1917 Savage. I thank they are the same pistol but have different hammers.