In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

T/C Pro Hunter

HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
edited November 2014 in Ask the Experts
Without going into all of the variables, Is it reasonable to think that the accuracy of this gun, in .25-06, should be MOA or mabey even a little better? THX

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes. IMHO any new production American made rifle should and almost always does shoot MOA or better with good factory ammo and a modicum of talent behind the buttstock.
  • Options
    22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My experience is that the TC Encore is capable of MOA but it is not the easiest out of the box rifle from which to get that result. I have two 25-06 barrels and several other calibers and believe the barrels are capable of MOA results. However, the triggers on the TCs are the biggest impediment for me; somewhat heavy and tend to "creep" (probably not the best description) a bit for me. If you do a search on previous posts you'll find more comments on the TCs. The triggers can be improved, or so I've read, but I've chosen to live with mine as they are. With the right load, and a good bit of concentration, I can get MOA but don't worry too much about that as mine are hunting rifles and "almost MOA" is good enough for the applications I put them to. If I want to shoot less than MOA I go to bolt rifles with excellent triggers (Rem 700, Sako, Sauer). Good luck.

Jeff