In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Muzzel Loader ????

ryan_marineryan_marine Member Posts: 635
edited February 2006 in Ask the Experts
I just bought a combo Braztech 50ML and 243. Can I use lose powder in it or do I have to use the pellets?

Thanks

Ray

Comments

• Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would think both. The pellets are just more manageable because you dont have to measure and is less messy. Essentially i think they are both the same ingredient.
  • Options
    cjkusnierzcjkusnierz Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hi as a fan of muzzleloading i like pyrodex rs it shoots smooth the pellets kick to hard for my liking. the same load in powder is noticably litter in the kick department it has more of a push.now for a real suprise start with a hot load and come down insted of low to high. you will be surprised how light you will actualy load. that works for me anyhow.70-80 granes out to100 yards with 385 buffalo bullets. havent had a whitetale take a step after getting hit with that setup yet, a coupple stood strate up and flipped over backwards but not forward. that setup shoots like a 410 and hits like a trane. well thats all i have to say about that.[:p]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pellets work go with the 209...loose works good with caps #11's