In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.50 cal AR15?

jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in Ask the Experts
A couple years ago I saw advertised in a Cabela's catalog I believe it was a conversion for an AR-15 to .50 BMG, basically it was a replacement barrel and upper receiver that still used the lower receiver. It was a single shot .50 cal. A couple questions about this, I can't seem to find them anymore, anyone know a source? Are they any good? or is the shock too much for the lower receiver? Is that why I can't find them anymore? I am not sure if I am seriously looking, or just curious, but if anyone has experience with these, that would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a very good friend that owns A.L.S. (Advanced Long range Systems) he builds a 50 bmg bolt action upper for the AR-15. They are very accurate, shoot well with the recoil of a 12 ga in my opinion and they don't put undue wear on the lower. He builds the toughest 50 on the market and his guns have won numerous matches as well. He has set a couple of world records at Ratone'N.M. Check them out they are very impressive. www.50bmg.net . There are others out there but his is by far the best. Just ask the guys shooting Barrets and Mcmillans that he has outshot at the national matches[;)].
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    I have seen a breech loader 50BMG blowup.
    It aint good.
    Please buy a weapon that can take the pressure like a Anzio, AR50, something built to handle the 50bmg.
    Walte