In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

purbough tube question.

daydreamer1daydreamer1 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in Ask the Experts
have a set of purbough sub ga. tubes for a win. 101 .tried them in other 101 for fit and they seem to fit them as well as in mine. would it be ok to use them in any 101 that they fit in properly? wondering if clyde was ahead of his time and was first with a "companion tube".

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    guess what. youre talking to the guy who learned to make tubes from clyde purbaughs shop.
    bottom line. NO!
    your are in risk of serious injury or death if you put a bbl into a gun other than the one it was designed for by serial number. you will see on the tube a serial number. it MUST MATCH the gun it was made for. those tubes are hand fitted in 3 places and reamedto the EXACT chamber dimensions. i have watched people shoot tubes down range like a bow and arrow by not heeding my advice.
    dont do it.
    any further questions may be emailed to me if youd like.
    regards
    VP Skeetmaster Tubes, Inc..
    (we took over the purbaugh design when he passed away.)
    fyi...cylde took brownings idea and made his tubes. so did savage. browning beat them all to it.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    daydreamer1daydreamer1 Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for info! ask the experts and you get a expert, don't get any better than you!
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Theres a few of us at <gunbroker.com> that feel the same way about Bobski............