In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta model 100

unclejunkunclejunk Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
Hi, I have a 32 cal Beretta model 100 that is in very nice condition - except for the grips. I really like the pistol and would like to replace the grips to keep it top notch. My first choice would be original plastic Beretta grips and my second would be nice wood replacements. I also would like 2 or 3 additional magazines. I have had no luck on the internet or at shows. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just purchased a model 100, 7.65 cal., Beretta. I have two books, BERETTA by Morin & Held and The World of Beretta by Wilson. Neither book has any information on the Model 100. Can you help with any info?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't locate a Beretta Model 100 in any of my references. There are though, Model numbers 99 & 101 shown. If you could post some pictures it would help a lot. Perhaps that is the reason your having trouble finding replacement parts? Your pistol might be a European model, sold under a different name or designation in the states.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi, Thanks for the reply. Many books do not show the model 100 - I am not sure why. I will get a digital photo and upload it. I do know that the pistol shares many parts with the model 70 and, in fact, I did locate a book that lists the model 100 along with the model 70. If you get a chance, try to locate reference to the model 100 under the model 70. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi, I now have, I believe, the best info on the Model 100. It is a derivitive of the Model 70 that was modified to meet US import specifications. My understanding is that Model 76 grips will fit, since they use the same frame. Magazines are the same as the model 70 - unles your Model 100 has the extended grip to accomodate the 9 round magazine - in which case the only magazine that fits is the 9 round Model 100 magazine.
  • Options
    gpistolagpistola Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    J. B. Wood covers the Md 100 quite well in his book "Beretta Automatic Pistols". The 100 series (Md 100-104) was used for the 70 series in the US market for a limited time after the firearms act of 1968. Beretta returned to the 70 series designation and then to the 70S designation in the late 1970s. The 100 series was not built in large quantity. They are excellent shooters although I have retired mine to the collection room.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi, Just a follow up for anyone interested in the Beretta Model 100. After much research, including J.B. Wood's book on Beretta automatics, I now know that the Model 100 is an "Americanized" model 70 that was modified to meet import standards in the 60s. It shares the exact frame with the Model 76 and so, grips from the Model 76 are a perfect fit (I have installed them so I know this to be true). The magazines that it uses are applicable only to the Model 100 since it's grips are longer than the model 70. I suspect, although I don't know for sure, that most Model 70 internal parts will work. Steve