In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TBrown1321

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have had a small amount of exposure to a situation whereas a persons criminal record was expunged. Seems that means that the private sector cannot use the record against you nor can the private sector even find out about your expunged offense. However, strangely enough, that does not hold true for the government sector. They can ALWAYS find out, know and hold your expunged record against you. Consider the case of a person who had several DUI's and completed a diverson program and the DUI's were expunged. That person might make a good bank president, but probably not a good idea to let him become a LEO.

In regards to one poster stating that he would not want any felony convicted person to be able to own firarms. In my case, if the felony is non-violent (tax evasion, etc) I see no reason to connect the loss of gun rights to such a crime. Truth be known, with all the crazy, sometimes little known gun laws from city, state and federal levels, if each and every gun owner was put under a microscope regarding their entire lifetime of gun ownership, it is likely that many people here who consider themselves as pure citizens would find that they have committed at least one felony.