In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta 9000S vs. Glock 27

theboogeymantheboogeyman Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking for a reliable CC pistol that packs a punch and conceals easily. Two I'm considering are the Glock 27 and the Beretta 9000S, both in .40 S&W. I own a Beretta PX4 in .40, so obviously I'm biased towards the Beretta, but I've heard good things about the Glock also. Which of these two would you pick, and why? Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rent both at a range, shoot both and buy the one that fits your hand and is comfortable to shoot.

I like the G27 better, but what I like may not be the answer for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can rent the Glock 27 at local ranges, but the Beretta is hard to find, but I'll keep that in mind.
  • Options
    knightriderknightrider Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope that you like a hard gun to not only pull back the slide, but to release the slide and other problems. I personally don't like the gun and the maker but that is another story. I find it a good fit but stubborn in all the other areas to work with. I am not completely happy with your choice of the Glock 27, but hey your the one buying the gun. Glocks are good guns but I have a problem with their safety. One safety on the trigger is not enough for me. Personally I would go with a Springfield XD 40. It is like a Glock and has two safeties. But getting to your question I'd go with the Glock. I hope this helps.

knightrider

P.S.
    From what I have read The PX4 might replace the F-92 and it looks like a good gun. So, good choice but it will take some time before I get one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by knightrider
    I hope that you like a hard gun to not only pull back the slide, but to release the slide and other problems. I personally don't like the gun and the maker but that is another story. I find it a good fit but stubborn in all the other areas to work with. I am not completely happy with your choice of the Glock 27, but hey your the one buying the gun. Glocks are good guns but I have a problem with their safety. One safety on the trigger is not enough for me. Personally I would go with a Springfield XD 40. It is like a Glock and has two safeties. But getting to your question I'd go with the Glock. I hope this helps.

knightrider

P.S.
    From what I have read The PX4 might replace the F-92 and it looks like a good gun. So, good choice but it will take some time before I get one.

The XD40 is another I'm considering, along with the Sig 239 and the HK P2000 - I was actually hoping for some reccomendations outside these when I posted. What bad things have you heard about the Beretta? I personally agree with the lack of safeties on the Glock, but on the other hand, with it being a CCW pistol, I want something I can get into action quickly without fumbling (I know, I know, practice, practice).

As for the PX4, it's an AWESOME gun. I have the .40 cal version. The recoil isn't too bad, and the accuracy is much better than I can do it justice. I took it to the local range, and after breaking it in, I loaned it to the range officer (Who is a NRA certified instructor and freelancer for G&A), and he was able to put 3 shots in the same hole. Like I said, I need alot more practice to catch up with this pistol. I've shot the Glock 22/23 and much prefer the PX4. If they made a sub-compact version of the PX4, I wouldn't be asking you guys what to get! [:D]
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry both at the same time the 26 & 27 but you need the finger extensions.

PJ
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    XD, Glock
    not beretta
    my .02
  • Options
    brerhunterbrerhunter Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a few glocks including the 26 and 27. They are very reliable and safe. I have yet to have one missfire even after 1000s of rounds. If I was putting my life on it, I would go with the glock. The pinky extentions are a good idea.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,549 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by knightrider

knightrider

P.S.

I agree, there just is not enought slide on that 9000 to grab a hold of for loading much less malfunctions. Not a gun I would ever consider buying.

Glock, XD, or Sig would be the way to go.