In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Golden Saber issue?

goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
As I was unloading my carry gun last night the Golden Saber 45ACP that was in the chamber popped out and the bullet had sunk about 1/4" down inside of the case. What would have caused this? Could the loading and unloading of the same cartridge day in and day out be the culprit? These are not reloads but want to find out if this is a normal issue or a Golden Saber issue before I start reloading them.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Yes the same cartridge loaded and unloaded could and most likely did push the bullet down in the case. The large flat nose hits the feed ramp and if the feed ramp is not polished smooth it will push back on the bullet. The bullet pushed back and fired can cause very high pressure. .Maybe too high.
  • Options
    remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on what perry said... repeated hitting the nose of the bullet on the feed ramp will eventually compress the bullet into the case further, resulting in a very dangerous situation.... a 1/4 inch on any caliber is a big difference.... pistol rounds with smaller case capacity are even more dangerous when you're talking that much less case space