In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My M1A Project Rifle

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
Ok, I got this crazy idea about 8 months ago to take a Springfield M1A SOCOM 16 and make it custom. Now, $2,600 later, I'm nearing completion of my work of art.

The one piece of the puzzle that I still need to aquire is a unique type of laser sight. The specifications? Well, here they are:

Picantinny mountable
Elevation and windage adjustments
Remote pressure switch

Anyone know where I can find one? Price isn't really TOO much of a problem, but I'd like to find one for as little as possible.

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    custom socom? isnt that like taking a honda cvic to the indy 500?[:p]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you're not going to bother answering my question, then don't bother talking to me or even posting.

Back off!
  • Options
    rediceredice Member Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldent call it custom without having a green laser on it :)
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,549 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bondaibondai Member Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    Ok, I got this crazy idea about 8 months ago to take a Springfield M1A SOCOM 16 and make it custom. Now, $2,600 later, I'm nearing completion of my work of art.

The one piece of the puzzle that I still need to aquire is a unique type of laser sight. The specifications? Well, here they are:

Picantinny mountable
    Elevation and windage adjustments
    Remote pressure switch

Anyone know where I can find one? Price isn't really TOO much of a problem, but I'd like to find one for as little as possible.

Email me. I know where you can get a 45mw green laser with a switch for a resonable price. I have one on my AR pistol and it is clearly visible even in the Arizona sun.

Disregard the morons on this site.This used to be a good discussion forum before the trolls moved in.
  • Options
    moparmopar Member Posts: 338 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Bud,

Here's a website you can checkout to get a ton of info on any and all M14/M1a rifles:

M14 Forum

There's a lot of real knowledgable folks on there that can help out with most any ? you might have.

I got my M1A back in November and these people have really helped me a lot with everything.

Check it out,I think you'll like it.

Take Care
    Doug
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe just a matter of taste, but I think I'd go with a smaller forward mount scope on the rail. Weaver makes a good 2.5X to 8X and it is very compact, rugged too. Matte finished.

Nice setup - it exudes "evil black rifle"!
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Laser Devices OTAL.

CP
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher

Nice setup - it exudes "evil black rifle"!

Can you believe that it has about the same recoil as a full lenth AR-15/M16A2? Not bad for a .308, huh?

By the way, I've got the 10-rd mag it came with, a NOS 20-rd mag, and 2 30-rd mags that I bought on Gunbroker. It took me an hour of scrubbing to get the cosmoline off of the 20-rd mag...I swear to god that one's been around since Vietnam, sitting in a crate in a warehouse somewhere.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mopar

Hey Bud,

Here's a website you can checkout to get a ton of info on any and all M14/M1a rifles:

M14 Forum

There's a lot of real knowledgable folks on there that can help out with most any ? you might have.

I got my M1A back in November and these people have really helped me a lot with everything.

Check it out,I think you'll like it.

Take Care
    Doug

Doug, there's no link in your post. Could you repost it please?

Thanx much
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So all you helpful souls can examine my work of art without a magnifying glass, here's a non-reduced picture of it.

CameraGroup02-13-06021.jpg