In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington .22 model 66 nylon with green stock

gnwells26gnwells26 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
Could anybody please tell me what the going price is for a Remington .22 model 66 nylon clip feed rifle with the green stock in excellent conditon would be? I have heard the green stock models are more rare and are more valuable then the other models. Also is there any difference in value with the clip feed models verses the tube feed models in the green stocks? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. [:)]

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We've had quite a number of recent posts concerning the Remington Nylon Rifles. The rarer variations have appreciated in value significantly, ( Wish I handn't sold that 150th anniversary version, way back when ).

Click on this URL, it's the Nylon Collectors Site. They will be happy to give you the straight skinny, including value, on your rifle.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/nylonrifles/
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your nylon rifle is box magazine (clip) fed, It is not a model 66.. Look on the grip cap..If it has a green stock, the grip cap will say "APACHE 77"... Price NIB is $375 and up... The tube magazine fed "SENECA" green, model 66 is much older and rarer... NIB $600 and up..
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well : back several years ago we bought all of these taht the local kmart had in stock , rumor had it that these where exclusive to the kmart stores ??? who knows , so we bought them all @ apx.$89 each ???
    I kept one (still n.i.b.), gave one to Dad for Christmas (he shoots it all the time & loves it!), and sold the rest in our shop.......
    I have several different Rem. Nylons , dont know if I would pay these quoted prices now , but they do seem to be hot items ???
    Good Luck !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn