In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

REMINGTON HAND TRAP

REDREDBONEREDREDBONE Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
I HAVE A DEVICE FOR THROWING CLAY PIGEONS THAT IS LABELLED 'REMINGTON HAND TRAP'. IT WAS LEFT TO ME BY MY STEP DAD AND I WOULD LIKE TO USE IT. BEFORE I DO, HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN ONE OF THESE AND CAN TELL ME EXACTLY HOW IT WORKS? IT IS SET UP A BIT DIFFERENTLY THAN THE TRADITIONAL CHEAPO PLASTIC HAND THROWERS YOU CAN GET AT WAL-MART. IT HAS A BEAUIFUL WOODEN GRIP THAT LOOKS SIMILAR TO A SMALL BAT, MEATL CUP-LIKE HOLDER FOR ONE BIRD, AND A SPRING WITH KNURLED NUTS FOR TENSION ADJUSTMENT. ALSO, DOES IT HAVE ANY SIGNIFICANT VALUE THAT WOULD SUGGEST I SHOULD NOT BE USING IT?
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR INFORMATION.
RED IN N.H.

Comments

• Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not really a rare item. If you found the right person that really wanted one they might have some value. They used to be commonly used. I've got several laying around collecting dust, and see them at yard sales once in a while.............
  • Options
    REDREDBONEREDREDBONE Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by temblor
    Not really a rare item. If you found the right person that really wanted one they might have some value. They used to be commonly used. I've got several laying around collecting dust, and see them at yard sales once in a while.............

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. SO, GO AHEAD AND USE IT? ANYONE W/ POINTERS WHO HAS USED ONE OR USES ONE REGULARLY. THANKS. RED.
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've still got my Dads'( and a couple of others) that we used to use alot.
    Best way to figure it out is just go get some clay targets, put them in and figure out the best swing and release for thowing them. Kind of like thowing a Frisbee. Some techniques make them sail and some don't. You'll figure it out after a few tries
    You may have to adjust the tension if they fit to tight or to loose. Or if they seem to break while releasing them.
    Good luck..........[^]

Thought I'd add one more thing. Make sure whoever is thowing things for you has their technique down. I've seen people try to really roundhouse throw them and almost hit people with them. Not a good thing to be dodging and ducking with loaded shotguns......