In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1915 German Luger

JesseLeeJesseLee Member Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
I picked this up some time ago and was wondering what it might be worth. 41433207809_0_ALB.jpg55003207809_0_ALB.jpg19812207809_0_ALB.jpg24862207809_0_ALB.jpg

It has all matching number, except the magazine, and appears to have been parkarized (sp). let me know what you think.

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oh no the dreaded red X
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    The German MILITARY NEVER "parkerised" any 1915 pistol P08 so even though it is all matching it is now a shooter not collector grade . still worth some $$$$ but no where near what it would bring if not refinished.Just my $.02
  • Options
    edited November -1
    brier-49 What did you mean by the dreaded red X ?

perry shooter I was disappointed when I first saw it- given that it was parkizied. I really do not plan on shooting it but what do you think that it might be worth?
  • Options
    One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    RED X = no pictures posted.
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty much anything shooter grade starts at $550 and goes up according to condition and originality/matching parts. Unless it was "wheeled" before the refinish, it might be a candidate for restoration, which would likely run you $300 minimum and net about $1000 out the other end, for a net realised about $200 total and then you hope appreciation on good restorations keeps on going. You've asked a tough question re: an area of collecting that many experienced people have lost their shirt in. I beleive the wanted forum has a good tutorial on posting pictures, so you might want to check there and post so we can start to give you some direction.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guys I have posted pictures and when I pull up my post there they are. ??????
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JesseLee
    Guys I have posted pictures and when I pull up my post there they are. ??????

Trust us, your pictures aren't showing. You might consider using these instructions, they have helped others in the past to post pictures successfuly.

First thing you need is a site to host your picture. What I mean by that is that you will need to upload your pictures to a web site that will host(display) them for you. You should not use your hard drive to host pictures for safety sake. Use www.photobucket.com to host your pictures.

After you have uploaded your pictures to the site that will host them for you(per their directions), the next thing you will want to do is go to the picture hosting site and view the picture. While you are viewing the picture, right click on it and you'll see another window that should pop up, now click on "properties" and copy the picture URL. If you know how to "copy & paste" this will be a piece of cake.

Now that you have the picture URL and your ready to post your picture. Do the following, use the following code except take out the "*" asterisk. The "*" asterisk is used here only so you can see the code. In other words if I posted the code without the "*" asterisk you will see a picture instead of the code. Anyways use this code to post your picture..
    [*img]the picture URL goes here[*/img]
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JesseLee's photos are showing up for me; but, I'm running under Win XP which is a little more forgiving than some other operating systems. I suspect JesseLee would have them show up for everyone if he follows Rufe Snow's advice.

You really can't "restore" a gun whose finish has been destroyed. You can "refinish" it, but the various types of polishing & stippling on a gun like a Luger really can't be duplicated. Sorry JesseLee, yours will always be a shooter.

Neal

lugera.jpg
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JesseLee,

Sad to me that a "shooter" is less than a "collector". The whole intent of a firearm is for it to be shot and and NOT sit on a wall or in a case somewheres. Buy china if you think that way, otherwise, why build a good firearm. It's like heroizing the REMF because his rifle is pristine and the GRUNT who did all the work brings back a dinged up 'piece of crap' looking worn out weapon. You tell me what is more valuable? I guess if you're looking for cash someone who knows the most may pay the most.

Anyhow, I think you have a fine looking Luger there and it should bring not less than $700.00 It's a great design if spendy to build. Very accurate and reliable,...what a weapon is all about.
    -good luck