In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wyoming Arms Parker Stainless Steel .45

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have one of these, and it is missing the ejector. The owner manual shows an ejector and ejector spring. ?????

The manual also shows the ejector to have a long stud and installed with the stud to the rear and the spring to the front. From looking at the holes in the frame, it looks as though it should be installed just the opposite.

Anyone familiar with the gun, or know where I can find the ejector and ejector spring?

Comments

• Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Goofy design - the ejector is nothing but a triangular piece on a pin that fits into the frame. There is a small coil spring under it that serves no purpose what so ever other than to launch the ejector straight up when you remove the slide and forget to put your hand over it to catch it. Its just a small coil spring and gun would work fine without it. The ejector is a triangular piece of steel on a steel pin -- easy to make if you can't find it. get a piece of piano wire from a hobby shop that fits the hole. Make a triangle out of a piece of steel, it will be aprox 1/8 wide, and 1/4 by 1/4 or so, file to fit. Slope faces the rear of the gun. Heat triangle to orange and dunk it in water.
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    I have one of these on my bench right now. I'm not sure that it would even make a good boat anchor.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had 3 of those and I rarely can't see something good in a gun,BUT these things are horrid! Not one worked, and just plain bad guns. Run away from these even if you get it fixed....imo.nambu
  • Options
    babybouncebabybounce Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had one in our ship to repair for another dealer. We never could make it work consistently and he wired some treble hooks on it and put on the wall with a sign under it saying "the latest in fishing lures". After that experience We run the other direction if we see one. Babybounce
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I had one in 10mm for a little while. It was a problem when you removed the slide and the ejector flew off. I was sure happier when I traded it off and bought a 10mm S$W.
  • Options
    One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    I had one in .45 acp in my shop that had feed problems. The stock guide rod was made of plastic, so I turned one out of aluminum bar stock. The aluminum guide rod corrected the feed proble and the gun functioned well from that point on. From what I have seen of them I myself would not purchase one. I have not heard much good about these pistols. Good luck on finding replacement parts. The few I worked on I had to manufacture the replacement parts that were needed.