In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of Ruger MKII Ultrlight

Texas HunterTexas Hunter Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
Guys i was on a mission today to try and find a Marlin 336 and stumbled across a Ruger Mark II in .243 that is at least in 95% condition.
It also has mounted on a Nikon Monarch UCC 3x9x40 scope.
It to appears in great condition.
It is at all places in a pawn shop and they are trying to reduce inventory because they are moving in two weeks.
They will let me have it for $390.00 out the door and will even throw in a double rifle plastic case.
What do you think??
What is the value?
Impatiently waiting cause i dont have my Gun Trader book with me so any help will surely be appreciated.
It seems like a good deal to me but i have never owned a Ruger and just dont know their worth.

mike

Comments

• Options
    kcuscgkcuscg Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go for it. I just recently bought one in same condition for 450$
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Was yours equipped with a good scope at that price or was it just the rifle.
    This again is the little Ultralight rifle.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It had a cheap simmons on it which was promptly removed. However, it came with original box paper work, rings, sling, and a hard case.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Also, I am at work in a sporting goods store. That nikon scope would sell out of here new for a round 300$ Buy it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well i just did.[;)]
    However before i did i checked out the Ruger website and realized that the rifle they were calling an Ultralight was really the Compact model.[:0]
    Also,according to the serial number it was made in 2005...It's brand new.
    So i printed it off and showed them they were wrong.
    The end result...They gave me the whole package for $375.00!!
    The little rifle seems very well made and it's walnut stock is beautiful.
    I just hope that little 16.5 inch barrel does not amstring it to much.
    I will take it to the range next weekend.
    I think i did O.K.

mike
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got one of those in .243 for a customer's young son... I mounted an inexpensive scope, and sighted it in with high end Hornaday 100 gr. hunting ammo.. The 5th & 6th shots grouped less than 1/2" @ 100yds. Recoil was mild, muzzle blast significant with the short barrel.. All in all you got a real deal the MSRP on that one is $600+...
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're half as happy with your Compact as I am with my Ultralight, we'll both be real happy.
    My .243 shoot beautifully....
    Half to 3/4" inch, 3 shot, 100 yard groups with both 70 and 100 grain bullets. Had never wanted a .243 but, like you, couldn't pass up a good deal.
    Have had some interesting reloading experience with mine including a blown primer when I screwed up on the high end promising results with some ulta light ballistic tips. E-mail me if you want to talk more about the reloading.
    Good luck, and keep the scope, even if you decide to put it on a larger rifle and get something a little smaller for the compact. It's good glass.