In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How to wear a holster belt

void.pointervoid.pointer Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hi,

Normally for pants I wear carpenter jeans. However, the belt loops on my jeans couldn't fit a 2" holster belt I don't think. Is the belt supposed to be worn *over* the belt loops, or put through them?

The holster belt I'm thinking of getting is one of the "Duty" belts, which are 2" wide at this website (2nd picture from the first one):
http://www.gunaccessories.com/unclemikes/Duty_HolsterBelts.asp

My firearm is a Para Super Hawg and it's pretty damn heavy when loaded with a 14 round magazine. The holster I have right now has a clip that is 2". I also wanted to get a magazine case for it to place on my holster belt as well.

Is the belt I've chosen decent? If so, how am I supposed to wear it? Through the belt loops of my pants or not? Advice is extremely helpful. Thanks.

PS: I'm not going to CCW, I just want something durable and tough to use while I'm going hunting and doing a lot of walking.

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "uniform" rig worn by most LEOs is a wide belt worn over the trouser belt. There are 4 small "keeper" straps that wrap around both belts, and snap or velcro down. These keep the gunbelt aligned with the trouser belt. Trouser belt should be as wide as practical to spread weight.
  • Options
    void.pointervoid.pointer Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    The "uniform" rig worn by most LEOs is a wide belt worn over the trouser belt. There are 4 small "keeper" straps that wrap around both belts, and snap or velcro down. These keep the gunbelt aligned with the trouser belt. Trouser belt should be as wide as practical to spread weight.

Sorry this is a bit too technical for me. I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff. Can you translate?
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    You also need the "under belt" that goes through your belt loops. It has velcro to the out side that hooks to the duty belt to help keep it up. You can get some "keepers" to help also.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. put on jeans
    2. put regular belt thru jean belt loops
    3. Put on gun belt
    4. Take a keeper strap, slide end UNDER trouser belt, wrap OVER the gun belt, snap closed.
    5. Repeat step 4 3 more times (2 in back, two in front)

Keeper strap is about half inch wide, has velcro or snaps

There ARE gunbelts and trouser belts made in sets that have velcro joining them. You should be able to get keeper straps at any cop shop.