In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Values

SouthbamacopSouthbamacop Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hello i am new to this computer stuff. but am trying . I recently ran across a bunch of stuff from an old gun smith and wonder if there is any interest in any of it. i have a bunch of 35newton shells, about 5 boxes of 22 remington jet shells, an old bullet swager with a set of dies for it an old herters double ram press, and a bunch of scope mounts and open sights. any help would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was wondering where I can find values for guns I am looking to sale.

I have a

Springfield Trapdoor 45-70, infantry type long gun
    Mauser 7x57mm
    Winchester model 54
    M1 Garand

Handguns
    Model 59 Smith and Wesson
    Llama 45 1911 type
    Llama 380 1911 type, great gun for women.

Any information I can have would be great.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have 2guns that need answers. First 98 mauser with PO Ackley on barrel with all matching numbers and I think his stock because in looks like a saddle on cheekside, next one is a new winchester 94 it says wrangler 11 on box, does anyone have any knowledge about these. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have A S&W A39 9mm and wanted too know what the value is for my pistol
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not that familiar with these firearms. I'm trying to find out the value so that I can sell.
    One is a Colt Combat Commander satin finish w/ wood grips and fixed sights.
    The other is a FIE Titan 380.
    Any help on value or where to find out value would be great thanks
  • Options
    22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Provide clear pictures with sharp detail and one of several folks will provide reasonable estimates of value. You can also search past, and current, auctions to get an idea of what comparable items have sold for on the auction side. Pretty hard to give you any useful information without good pictures. See the "sticky" at the top of the Ask the Experts page for info on how to post pictures. Good luck.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    While you have given us models, we cannot give you estimates.

Guns are like collectors cars. You cant get a value on a car when all the owner gives you is "Its a 1962 Impala". Just like an old car, gun values are based on condition, originality, options, ect.

We need quality pics and detailed info. Or you can buy a blue book and do it yourself.
  • Options
    walldj45walldj45 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Southbamacop
    I was wondering where I can find values for guns I am looking to sale.

I have a

Springfield Trapdoor 45-70, infantry type long gun
    Mauser 7x57mm
    Winchester model 54
    M1 Garand

Handguns
    Model 59 Smith and Wesson
    Llama 45 1911 type
    Llama 380 1911 type, great gun for women.

Any information I can have would be great.

want to sell the garand go to odcmp.com then forums and then traders

out of curiosity and interest whats the condition sn originality etc
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Llama quality has varied depending on the model. Some manufactured in the 80's may be worth very little, if anything. If the Garand is a 'Blue Sky' import, or has any import marks, then the value would differ greatly from one issued by the then DCM or current ODCMP.

Or you can scan the completed auctions for guns of your models and condition and see what they brought. TANSTAAFL.