In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone own and use a Tasco Titan Scope?

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I bought a new "old-stock" 2002 model Tasco Titan scope today and was wondering if any of you own one and if so, what has your experience been with it? The scope I bought was made in Japan. It has a 30mm tube and is a 3-12x52 with quick focus eyepiece. To me it looks more like a Bushnell than a Tasco. It is heavy and appears well made. It is very clear and bright. The reticle is of the European type with 3 bold crosshairs to the left, right, and bottom, and very fine crosshairs in the center and running all the way to the top. Kind of like the "Dual X" or 30/30 crosshairs but the wider part is VERY BOLD.
I normallywouldn't buy a Tasco any more, but the price $119 was right and I can still remember the good Japanese Tascos made in the late 60's and early 70's. I thought I would put it on an accurate varmint rifle, maybe a .223 or 22-250 and see how it does. I'm also thinking about mounting it on a Ruger M77 in .270 but I hate buying a set of new Ruger 30 mm rings. Any information is appreciated. I'll let you know how this one works out.

Comments

• Options
    drsckdrsck Member Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    Used one to mix up a batch of concrete once and then when I was done with that it helped fill up the garbage can pretty well.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ask a reasonable question, and get a stupid answer. [:(]
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one on a STG/58 and it's a tack driver...Only problem is the lack of repair service for the old TASCO's...Great all steel scope!
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a Japanese made Tasco Titan, thought it was a pretty good scope actually. My problem was the reticle, same style as yours but as the power was increased the reticle became thicker. Much thicker. I forget the whole "1st plane, 2nd plane" placement and which cause it but I didn't like that feature. Other than that it was fine.