In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unertl 200mm team scope

islandwillislandwill Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to get some information on a Unertl spotting scope. It is quite large (about 36 inches) with a tripod and several lenses. I believe it is listed as 200mm. I believe it was used for long range competitions. Does any one know when they were made and an approximate value? Is there a site where I can get more information?

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never heard of a 200mm scope, just a 100mm Unertl, weight 80 lbs with tripod.
    It was in production in 1978 for $575, a hundred bucks more than a Remington 40X target rifle at the time.
    I don't know the current value.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Perhaps I am wrong about the 200mm. That is what the former user wrote. Thanks for the imput.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello we had 100mm Scopes for EACH coach to use for the rifle team members in 1965 I was coach for a rifle shooter and he was coach for us pistol team members . 100 MM is the lens size this translates to right at 4 inches . Never heard of a 200 MM the military pistol teams still use their 100 MM scopes at Camp Perry . Hope this helps Please go to my member profile and contact me karlwoerner@vatractor.com
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    islandwill,

Here is an image:

unertl100mmteamscopebd5.jpg

The 100mm Spotting Scope is a large instrument which was designed to meet the requirements of team coaches to enable critical spotting of long range big bore matches. The coated prismatic optical systems, with a 100mrn aperture objective and four element ortho-scopic oculars is critically tested and hand corrected so that the final system will yield matchless resolution. The objective cell has a sunshade which can be extended about 5" when required and the eyepiece is screw focusing with a fast over-running push-pull travel. Dust covers are provided for each end. Workmanship is of the highest quality and the majority of the instrument is made from aluminum alloy and finished in a light gray wrinkle. The yoke mounting enables easy insertions and removal of the telescope from the yoke and tri- pod. By tensioning the binding screws the scope can be fixed by locked in position or so set to per- mit scanning of a series of targets. The lower portion of the yoke fits the cylindrical column of a floating action metal tripod. Within the tripod ram is a helical spring which counter-balances the scope and it can be raised or lowered with ease. A wooden carrying case of substantial construction houses the telescope, yoke, tripod and extra interchangeable eyepieces. Standard oculars are I 6X, 24X and 32X.

This person buys and sells them:

Dewayne Greiner
    39184 170TH ST
    Cyrus, Mn 56323

PHONE
    320-589-4050----DAYS
    320-795-2930----EVENINGS

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to everyone for the information. It would appear that this is indeed a 100 mm scope. As I said, I was going by the info written in a small notebook.

Here is an image:

unertl100mmteamscopebd5.jpg

The 100mm Spotting Scope is a large instrument which was designed to meet the requirements of team coaches to enable critical spotting of long range big bore matches. The coated prismatic optical systems, with a 100mrn aperture objective and four element ortho-scopic oculars is critically tested and hand corrected so that the final system will yield matchless resolution. The objective cell has a sunshade which can be extended about 5" when required and the eyepiece is screw focusing with a fast over-running push-pull travel. Dust covers are provided for each end. Workmanship is of the highest quality and the majority of the instrument is made from aluminum alloy and finished in a light gray wrinkle. The yoke mounting enables easy insertions and removal of the telescope from the yoke and tri- pod. By tensioning the binding screws the scope can be fixed by locked in position or so set to per- mit scanning of a series of targets. The lower portion of the yoke fits the cylindrical column of a floating action metal tripod. Within the tripod ram is a helical spring which counter-balances the scope and it can be raised or lowered with ease. A wooden carrying case of substantial construction houses the telescope, yoke, tripod and extra interchangeable eyepieces. Standard oculars are I 6X, 24X and 32X.

This person buys and sells them:

Dewayne Greiner
    39184 170TH ST
    Cyrus, Mn 56323

PHONE
    320-589-4050----DAYS
    320-795-2930----EVENINGS

Best.

[/quote]