In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AK 47

DLWardDLWard Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Whats a fair price on a legal, with paper class III AK 47?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    My Father swaers that a AK47 and a SKS is the same thing. Is he right, or am I
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i am looking to buy an ak47 in about two weeks. i hear the chinese norinko ones are junk. how can i tell them apart?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any opinions on Russian AK-47s?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I happen to have a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket and am looking at an ak 47 as an investment. GB lists several nib Romanian ak's, but there are few bidders. Which ak do you think has the best potential for appreciation?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi all. I am new to this forum. I am interested in getting a foldunder AK. I have a ? about the ammo. I have noticed it all is listed as 7.62 X 39. Is this the only ammo you can use for the 47's we can buy in this country? Can you buy hotter loads? Someone who knows plesae wise me up on this. Many thanks.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I recently purchased a bulgarian slr 95-mb ak 47 with the thumbhole stock. I would like to replace the thumbhole stock with a pistolgrip type stock set. Problem is, I was told if I changed it I would also need to replace more parts to make it 922 compliant. Can someone please explain? Thanks, Riverratt.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok I just picked up a AK 47 in trade from a guy. It has no markings on it besides a serial number. It has synthetic stock and came with the wood stock and Byonet. How do I tell where it it made or what kind it is? Any help? Thanks Frank
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will a double hook trigger get rid of excess trigger pull?I have a sigle hook trigger in my gun now and hate it.THANKS
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,429 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    They are not the same thing. Two completely different weapons. They fire the same round however.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Not even close. The SKS is closer to a FAL than to an AK47.

The SKS was in service when the AK came around, and was replaced by it. Anyone just looking at pics of the two should be able to tell the difference.
  • Options
    idahoduckeridahoducker Member Posts: 740 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a couple of good reference links.
    AK 47
    SKS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You could show him just how different they are by using this website. It has detailed photos of how the guns take down and operate.

surplusrifle.com
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SKS-44- Simeon Karbine Semiautomatic, created by Mr. Simeon in 1944- uses a permanently attached magazine, semi only, no pistol grip
    AK-47 Avtomat (automatic) Kalishnikov. Created by Mr. Kalishnikov in 1947. Full or semi auto (semi auto versions now made) detachable magazine, pistol grip.

2 different weapons, created by two different people at 2 different times. Use the same ammo.
  • Options
    gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aww-now, don't jump on Pop so quickly...he has some ground to stand on, for a bit, considering the zjit - hype that is circulated.

" They both use the same round "
    " They are both gas-operated "
    " Both can have hi-cap 'bannana mags' (kinda) "
    " They are both made by 'those guys' "
    " You can convert it to full auto" (hype-zjit) "
    ( aah...sounds almost close enough...)

There is enough STUFF circling around to give someone that general outlook....the fact that the info can be completely un-true has no bearing on it....enough people say it, and it "becomes true".

Now, the fact the NO PART can really be 'interchanged' between the two clinches the argument against POP pretty quickly too.

Give him one of each for a quiet discussion...he will appreciate it.

ENJOY !
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Please edit your post and explain how a SKS and FAL are similar...

quote:Originally posted by Wehrmacht_45

The SKS was in service when the AK came around, and was replaced by it. Anyone just looking at pics of the two should be able to tell the difference.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    It looks like he has got it backwards. The AK is closer to a FAL [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername
    Please edit your post and explain how a SKS and FAL are similar...

quote:Originally posted by Wehrmacht_45

They (FAL, SVT, SKS, FN49) use a short stroke, gas operated titling block in order to lock the mechanism, where as the AK uses a rotating bolt, long stroke system.