In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Guardian Mfg. derringer

RECREC Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Tucked away in a closet, I found a two shot, 22 mag. derringer made by Guardian Mfg. in Naugatuck, Conn. Does anyone know anything about this company or the guns they manufactured. TIA

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you could post some quality close up photos, we might be able to help. Prior to the enactment of the the Gun Control Act of 1968 many small short lived, importers brought these type of guns into the country. It's sometimes possible to at least identify the manufacturer and country of origin, through these markings/proof marks.
  • Options
    RECREC Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The barrels rotate manually to fire the second shot. My mistake, I guess it's a 22 lr not a 22 magnum. Obviously not a high quality firearm but I was just curious if there was anything interesting about it. It was apparently made in the U.S.A. and not an import. Thanks for any help.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These were made in the 1970s.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't find anything specifically on the Guardian Mfg. Co. in my references. The general design of the derringer with the barrels that rotate vertically, I've seen before. I believe it was called the "twister", don't know if their was a connection to Guardian Mfg. though?
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Guardian...Trade name used by F.I.E., c. 1970.. From Baldersons Gun Marks, Third Edition, pg. 35 I'm pretty sure that this is the one you're looking for.....Best
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello:
    I remember back in the '70's @ my dads small shop , we sold these things , really cheap !!!
    I'd appreciate a quick Note via email... Please use the email Icon here on the WEB....Thanks in advance....

d.a.stearns a.k.a. SKEEZIX
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Athens , Tn

allamericangunshop.com