In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ASP Pistol

greilandgreiland Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I own a ASP 9mm pistol that I had made by the manufacture in the late 70's or early 80's. It took 6 months to get the gun after it was ordered. They took a S&W and cut it down and made other modifications. The gun has about 200 rounds fired through it and is in great condition. I have the magnetic clip holder with two extra clips. I am thinking of selling the gun but have little idea of the value. Can anyone help?
The gun has never been carried other than in my pocket a few times. It has a few light scratches on the clear grips from normal handling and the holster has some slight wear from being carried in my car for a while but is in very good condition.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's kind of hard to put a realistic price on a very limited production piece, that is 30? years old and seldom found on the resale market.

You don't specify the external cosmetic condition, I.E. if it has been carried extensively in a concealment holster. Any abrasions or holster wear would affect resale value.

Depending on condition and if you have the original box, paperwork, documents etc. My WAG would be in the $1000-$2000 range.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want to REALLY know what its worth, put it up for auction and see what it fetches.

I'd definitely bid. . .
  • Options
    MarvMarv Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Blue Book list them at $1,500 for one in 100% condition and $1,275 of one in 98% condition. I have noticed that Blue Book values are little more than a suggestion on rare or unusual weapons and I have no idea of the current market value of the gun. I sold the one I had about 10 years ago. It would have been about 95% and had a Milt Sparks holster and the magnetic magazine holder (aren't they the neatest?)with it. I got $1000 for it then. I agree with beantownshootah, I would put a realist reserve on it and let the bidders set the price.