In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oregon Laws

munky871munky871 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
What would one have to do to legally posess say a full auto P90 or Mini Uzi. I live in Oregon, I'm 22 years old, and I have a concealed carry permit, so my record is spotless. I just want something automatic to take to the range. What kind of permits and fees would I have to obtain/pay? If someone could give me some details I would very much appreciate it.

And I apologize for posting this in more than one forum, but I really would like to get an answer ASAP.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OR has no state prohibition against full autos. However, state law permits any city to pass any firearms law they want, so you are on you own as far as identifying any local laws in your jurisdiction.

Your best way to find out about local laws is to find a local Class III dealer & talk to him. The only way you can buy a full auto is through a Class III dealer in your state, so you might as well start out there. Check your yellow pages or use an Internet browser to find him. He will be glad to guide you through the process, as he will make money off of you.

Federal law requires you to pay a $200 transfer tax, & you may have to pay for 2 transfers, depending upon the source of the gun. If your local dealer doesn't stock the gun you want, he will have to find it for you.

Are you sure that you can fire a full auto at your range? Many ranges prohibit them.

Neal
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    in case you didn't look in your other posting--you cannot legally own a full auto P90 as it was made after the 1986 ban-meaning you can only own full auto versions of anything made before then.
    here is a link for more info.
    http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIF1.html
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First make sure your Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) will sign for you to get one.
    Find the gun.
    Pay for it
    Get fingerprinted.
    Fill out the citizenship card.
    Fill out the Form 4.
    Send the CLEO signoff, fingerprint card, citizenship card, $200 and the form 4 to BATFE.
    Wait 2-5 months right now and then the form 4 will come back with a signed tax stamp in the Rt Uppper corner.
    Pay your dealer his transfer fee ($50 here).
    The gun is now yours.

I use the trust method
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=17&t=199942

If you are talking about the FN P90, you can't.
    There are no transferrable P90s in the US.

I just sent the funds yesterday for this
    http://steyr-aug.com/peteuzi.jpg

CP
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote:However, state law permits any city to pass any firearms law they want, so you are on you own as far as identifying any local laws in your jurisdiction.

Dis agree !!!

fill out forms find gun (not cheap) pay tax will be reg. with atf.
  • Options
    munky871munky871 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone